* Overall responsibility for achieving sales and gross margin goals for the year.
* Responsible for the development and execution of an effective sales strategy.
* Keep sales priorities and efforts in alignment with agreed upon channel strategies and sales plans.
* Responsible for monitoring trends in the sales channels and recommending strategies which allow us to stay competitive and continue to grow our business.
* Responsible for the coordination and administration of all sales and customer service plans, programs and activities.
* Assure the sales organization monitors customer activities to assure all problems related to products, product safety, delivery, accounting, and credit are resolved quickly and efficiently.
* Maintain a strong customer service and relationship management culture within the organization.
*Provide input regarding opportunities to increase our customer’s perception of receiving greater value and service and performing our jobs more efficiently.
* Maintain adequate quality and productivity levels within the group and implement and maintain efficient systems and processes. Quickly resolve bottlenecks within the sales and customer service area as needed.
* Analyze sales and management information in order to make informed decisions.
* Oversee development, implementation and review of Customer Business Plans to ensure quarterly and annual revenue goals are achieved. The business plan includes customer revenue goals, training, joint marketing efforts, and scheduled meetings with key customer personnel.
* Responsible for administering standard and special pricing for customers. Good judgment will be used in the administration of discount structures and optional pricing programs.
* Assure all contracts are properly reviewed and communicated to supporting departments and properly reflected in our financial statements and management reports.9.
* Responsible for assuring our sales staff and customers obtain a thorough understanding of products, features, benefits, warranties, operating procedures, company policies, and available resources for each of these areas.
* Meet with current and potential customers in an effort to build long term relationships, build the brand, and increase sales. Position involves a significant amount of both domestic and international travel.
* Prepare and monitor sales & customer service forecasts and budgets. Plan and track team performance to ensure that budgets, timelines and performance goals are met. Assure sales forecasts are based on accurate information and reasonable assumptions.
* Obtain a solid understanding of products, features, benefits and operating procedures.
* Obtain a solid understanding of company policies, sales policies and payroll system.
* Obtain a solid understanding of competitors, competitor’s products and their respective channels of distribution.Identify and report on areas of opportunity and gaps in the product line.
* Work as a team player in all aspects of total management responsibilities.Inform the management team and others in the organization about major prospects, sales goals, budgets, forecasts, and roadblocks in a timely, effective, and meaningful manner. Promotes and maintains good public relations with staff and customers.
* Coach, mentor, motivate, manage, evaluate and communicate with team members about career goals, performance expectations and sales and company plans. Assure all team members are receiving adequate training and coaching and are obtaining the skills to take on more responsibility and develop professionally.
* Interview, hire and train new sales and customer service team members.
* Perform other duties as required by the position.
* Minimum 5 years experience with related fields (Cement Background)
* Can travel.
* Proven track record within a sales environment
* Driven towards maximizing sales and meeting departmental budget
* Ability to build strong rapport on the telephone
* Ability to engage at all levels
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Positive and professional attitude
* Accustomed to working in a busy, fast moving organization
* Ability to think fast to deliver solutions on day to day issues
* Organization and time management skills
* Efficient in using Microsoft office and computer applications
* Attention to detail